Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Books 4-9

Catching up on my reading!

Books 4, 5, 6, 7 - Reread the Twilight Saga.

Book 8 - Reread The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
The book is about letters from a demon in Hell to his nephew on earth. The letters are tips and information on how to keep a human on the path to Hell and now to "beat" the enemy (God).

It takes awhile to adjust to reading from his perspective, IE: Satan as the good guy, God as the enemy. But once you adjust to that it is a very good book. To see things the way they do and how their minds work is fascinating. Yes, I know it fiction, but the way Lewis describes things you can really see how it could and does work. How we as Christians (or humans) are regarded and attacked. How easily we let their tricks work. I enjoyed this book.

Book 9 - Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
This book is about the circus during the early 1900's. After I finished the book I read a note from the author about how she did tons of research before writing the book in order to get the facts right and really get the feel for the book correct. I'm glad she did! You can really see what life in a traveling circus would be like. The good, the bad, and the ugly. The different classes of people and the life styles are described well. It is also a love story that is both complicated and simple at the same time. The ending is pretty perfect too. :) I wasn't to sure I would enjoy this book, even after the first few chapters, but I did!

1 comment:

Alexia said...

I've been wanting to read Water for Elephants and The Screwtape Letters.